Holy Trinity Church
On 21st November 1841 Foster Place Chapel (Holy Trinity) was consecrated by Rt. Rev. Dr. Kernan Bishop of Clogher.
St Mary’s Corravacan
In the Penal days, there was a mass garden in Corravacan on the site where St Mary’s Chapel now stands. In the mid eighteenth century, a thatch covered mud walled chapel was built on the mass garden. In 1886 Fr. Clifford replaced this building with the fine Gothic church designed by Mr William Hague that stands on the site today. The dedication of St Mary’s Church Corravacan was on Sunday 31st October 1868 and was performed by Most Rev. Dr. Donnelly, Lord Bishop of Clogher.
Scoil Mhuire started life as the Technical (Vocational) School and was officially opened by Mr. T O’Deirg Minister of Education on Monday 4th March 1935. With falling numbers and the building of a new Vocational School in Ballybay (1966), the parish purchased the school to replace the old Corravacan NS that was in a poor state of repair. The move to the newly named Scoil Mhuire was completed in 1970.
St Mary’s Hall
Rev. C. Eardley convened a meeting of parishoners with a view to constructing a parish hall. A plot was kindly donated by Mr. P. Duffy, known locally as "McGeough's field" and St. Mary's Hall was built in 1940. The final cost of building the hall was £1,000.
Currently Fr Jerry White SSCC (left) is serving the Parish of Ematris, also known as Rockcorry in Co. Monaghan. Fr Ferguson served as the priest in charge for many years up until his death in 2014. Fr. Jerry forms part of the Sacred Hearts community which has its residence in the parish in Tanagh.
Mass Times: St. Mary's
Holy Days have the same Mass Schedule